Excelitas to Showcase Military Weapon Sights and Surveillance Systems
at Milipol Paris 2017
Excelitas Qioptiq, a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative optical and photonic solutions, will highlight its wide array of image intensified, thermal and fused weapon sights and surveillance systems for defence and security applications at Milipol Paris 2017.
Solutions on display in Stand 6L 106 include:
- KITE In-Line Weapon Sight: KITE In-Line is a compact night sighting system that is mounted on a weapon in front of a magnified day sight. It uses image intensification technology to amplify the small amount of light energy available at nighttime to present soldiers with a clear bright image of the night scene at distances beyond 1,000m.
- DRAGON-S (Sniper) Clip On Thermal Weapon Sight: DRAGON-S provides snipers with 24-hour surveillance and target engagement capability for a range of optical dayscopes. It is factory set to eliminate the need for zeroing when the thermal sight is fitted and removed from the front of the dayscope.
- DRAGON COMPACT Thermal Weapon Sight: The compact ultra-lightweight multi-purpose thermal weapon/surveillance sight provides all round capability for the dismounted close combat user. DRAGON-C 640 can be fitted with Qioptiq's LO GLINT coating technology to reduce sunlight glint and reflection.
- SAKER Fused Weapon Sight (FWS): SAKER provides the dismounted close combat user with enhanced, dual waveband detect, recognize and identify capability. Designed for short and medium range surveillance and target engagement, the fully qualified military FWS combines the latest image intensification and uncooled thermal imaging capability in a single lightweight, compact yet rugged package.
- MERLIN Weapon-Mounted Night Sight: MERLIN night vision products use the latest optical technologies to deliver world-leading performance and reliability. The lightweight night vision adaptors are ideal for military and law enforcement operators who want to retain the use of their existing dayscopes.
- JaguIR - Medium Wave Infrared Continuous Zoom Camera: JaguIR is a ruggedized solution for challenging, long-range requirements. This robust product combines the advanced detector technology with world-class optics. It features an x13.5 continuous optical zoom and man detection >11km, with HOT options available.
- PanthIR Continuous Zoom Thermal Camera: PanthIR features a ruggedized, continuous zoom lens, which is optimized for the latest generation of 17μm and 12μm uncooled focal plane arrays (including HD formats). It is compatible with all commonly used sensor engines.
November 21 – 24, 2017
Stand 6L 106 – UK Pavilion, Paris-Nord Villepinte Exhibition Centre, Paris, France
For more information about Excelitas products, visit www.excelitas.com.
Qioptiq, an Excelitas Technologies Company, designs and manufactures photonic products and solutions that serve a wide range of markets and applications in the areas of medical and life sciences, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace, and research and development. Qioptiq benefits from having integrated the knowledge and experience of Avimo, Gsänger, LINOS, Optem, Pilkington, Point Source, Rodenstock, Spindler & Hoyer and others. In October 2013, Qioptiq was acquired by Excelitas Technologies Corp., a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, customized solutions to meet the lighting, detection and other high-performance technology needs of OEM customers. The combined companies have approximately 5,500 employees in North America, Europe and Asia, serving customers across the world. Visit http://www.qioptiq.com and http://www.excelitas.com for more information. Connect with Qioptiq on LinkedIn and Twitter.
About Excelitas Technologies
Excelitas Technologies Corp. is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the lighting, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. From biomedical technology to research laboratory, safety and security, consumer products, semiconductor, energy and environment, industrial sensing & imaging, defense and aerospace, Excelitas Technologies is committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Excelitas Technologies acquired Qioptiq, in 2013 and now has approximately 5,500 employees in North America, Europe and Asia, serving customers across the world.
Connect with Excelitas on
Excelitas® is a registered trademark of Excelitas Technologies Corp. All other products and services are either trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Senior Director of Corporate Marketing, Excelitas Technologies Corp.
Cheryl Reynhout or Jill Anderson
On Behalf of Excelitas Technologies Corp.
SVM Public Relations