Excelitas to Showcase KITE In-Line Weapon Sight at Land Forces 2016
Qioptiq, an Excelitas Technologies® Company and global technology leader focused on delivering innovative optical and photonic solutions, will showcase night vision, thermal and fused weapon sights at Land Forces 2016. New products include KITE In-Line Weapon Sights, which were recently chosen by the Commonwealth of Australia Department of Defence in support of the Australia Defence Forces (ADF) LAND125 3C project.
Sighting and camera capabilities on display in Qioptiq’s exhibit (Booth #3A23):
- KITE In-Line Weapon Sight: Chosen for the new Austeyr F88 rifle, KITE In-Line is a compact night sighting system that’s mounted on a weapon in front of a magnified day sight. It uses image intensification technology to amplify the small amount of light energy available at nighttime to present soldiers with a clear bright image of the night scene at distances beyond 1,000m.
- SAKER Fused Weapon Sight (FWS): SAKER provides dismounted close combat users with enhanced, dual waveband detect, recognise and identify capability. Designed for short and medium range surveillance and target engagement, the fully qualified military FWS combines image intensification and uncooled thermal imaging capability in a single lightweight, compact yet rugged package.
- DRAGON-C 640 Uncooled Thermal Imager Multi-Purpose Thermal Sight: The compact ultra-lightweight multi-purpose thermal weapon/surveillance sight provides all round capability for the dismounted close combat user. DRAGON-C 640 can be fitted with Qioptiq's LO GLINT coating technology to reduce sunlight glint and reflection as an option.
- DRAGON-S (Sniper) Clip On Thermal Weapon Sight: DRAGON-S provides snipers with 24-hour surveillance and target engagement capability for a range of optical dayscopes. It is factory set to eliminate the need for zeroing when the thermal sight is fitted and removed from the front of the dayscope.
- PanthIR Continuous Zoom Thermal Camera: PanthIR features a ruggedised, next generation continuous zoom lens, which is optimised for the latest generation of 17μm and 12μm uncooled focal plane arrays (including HD formats). It is compatible with all commonly used sensor engines.
Booth #3A23, Adelaide Convention Centre, Adelaide, Australia
September 6 – 8, 2016
For more information about Qioptiq, visit www.qioptiq.com/, or Excelitas, visit www.excelitas.com.
Qioptiq, an Excelitas Technologies Company, designs and manufactures photonic products and solutions that serve a wide range of markets and applications in the areas of medical and life sciences, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace, and research and development. Qioptiq, benefits from having integrated the knowledge and experience of Avimo, Gsänger, LINOS, Optem, Pilkington, Point Source, Rodenstock, Spindler & Hoyer and others. In October 2013, Qioptiq, was acquired by Excelitas Technologies Corp., a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, customized solutions to meet the lighting, detection and other high-performance technology needs of OEM customers. The combined companies have approximately 5,500 employees in North America, Europe and Asia, serving customers across the world. Visit http://www.qioptiq.com and http://www.excelitas.com for more information. Connect with Qioptiq on LinkedIn and Twitter.
About Excelitas Technologies
Excelitas Technologies Corp. is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the lighting, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. From biomedical technology to research laboratory, safety and security, consumer products, semiconductor, energy and environment, industrial sensing & imaging, defense and aerospace, Excelitas Technologies is committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Excelitas Technologies acquired Qioptiq, in 2013 and now has approximately 5,500 employees in North America, Europe and Asia, serving customers across the world.
Connect with Excelitas on
Excelitas® is a registered trademarks of Excelitas Technologies Corp. All other products and services are either trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Director of Global Marketing - Commercial
Jeff Lavery or Cheryl Reynhout
On Behalf of Excelitas Technologies Corp.
SVM Public Relations