IR-Emitting Light Sources for Maximum Flexibility, Far-Field Projection
and Wide-Range Performance
Cermax® IR by Excelitas is a new suite of Xenon, Krypton, and noble-gas filled lamps and light sources with enhanced IR output between 850 and 1200 nm, in addition to the standard visible and UV output. These next-generation Cermax IR light sources leverage Excelitas’ broad experience with noble fill-gases to create the widest, most flexible array of versatile IR-products available. New technology enhancements and extended gas-fill capabilities (Including Krypton and different-ratio mixes of Xenon/Krypton) enable very long ranges and emissions over a broader field in comparison to other products on the market.
Excelitas' patented Cermax technology provides manufacturers and consumers with numerous advantages over conventional IR emitters. Leading OEMs are choosing Cermax IR for applications such as domestic security, environmental monitoring, and semiconductor processing.
- Wide spectrum: 200 nm to 1200 nm with significant IR output in the 850-1200 nm range
- Integrated parabolic or elliptical reflector for high-intensity collimated or focused output without alignment issues
- Instant on-off solves design challenges around warm-up or cool-down times
- DC operation enables low-noise high-stability performance
- Ultra short-arc gap for easy-to-design high throughput optical systems
- Broad array of noble gas-fill combinations, with a corresponding range of spectral outputs
- Flexible power ranges from 125 to 2400 Watts
- Rugged ceramic body with metal seal to sapphire window construction
The Cermax IR light sources are highly efficient, robustly designed and easily integrated. Excelitas takes pride in providing Xenon, Krypton, and solid-state-based products and solutions that help protect the environment, and assist people in living longer and healthier lives.
For more information, contact us today to speak to one of our lighting experts.