These photodiode arrays are used to generate an X-ray image by scanning an object line by line. The X-rays are converted into light through the attached scintillator crystal. The light intensity is then measured by the photodiodes. The boards are employing chip-on-board technology with optically adapted scintillator crystals. The listed designs can be ordered as a standard part, but can also be customized to meet the needs of a wide variety of applications.
Excelitas custom photodiode arrays give customers the option to choose the:
- active photodiode area
- total number of elements
- overall PCB and photodiode chip dimensions
- photodiode chip geometry and orientation
- electro-optical specifications
- single sided vs. double sided PCB
- alternative substrate materials (e.g. ceramic)
- electrical interface (e.g. connector)
Excelitas can also provide a complete sensor to X-Ray image solution for rapid development of 2D/3D imaging and threat detection. The G-PDA series consist of a photodiode array, integrated analog front-end and device intelligence for high speed readout electronics and Gigabit Ethernet interface reducing cost and time-to-market.