Excelitas Technologies Debuts Thermal Imaging Capabilities at electronica 2012 with its CoolEyeTM 1024
Excelitas’ Thermal Infrared Imager provides real-time, low resolution imaging in a small form-factor for variety of commercial, security, and medical applications
MUNICH, Germany – November 12, 2012 – electronica 2012 – Hall A2, Booth #107 – Excelitas Technologies, a global provider of innovative, customized optoelectronic solutions, will be featuring a live demo of its Real-time, Low Resolution IR Imaging at electronica 2012, the 25th International Trade Fair for Electronic Components, Systems and Applications, taking place November 13-16 in Munich. Excelitas’ Low Resolution IR Imager debuts under the brand name CoolEyeTM, a well-established brand of multi-pixel Thermopile Arrays for presence detection, energy conservation, and indoor climate control applications. As its name suggests, Excelitas’ CoolEyeTM Infrared Imager 1024 provides 32x32 pixel resolution.
“Adding to our growing portfolio of innovative thermal and solid state detection solutions, Excelitas is pleased to be demonstrating our newest IR imaging capabilities at electronica 2012,” said Michael Ersoni, senior vice president and general manager for the global detection business, Excelitas Technologies.
“With the CoolEyeTM IR Imager 1024’s pocket-sized form-factor, Excelitas is opening the door to a range of high-performance, low resolution thermal imagers, specifically targeted for high-volume applications,” Mr. Ersoni added.
In addition to its CoolEyeTM IR Imager 1024, Excelitas brings a comprehensive line-up of IR Sensing and Photon Detection innovations to electronica 2012. These include:
- Excelitas’ newest high-performance digital pyrodetectors (DigiPyro®) and digital thermopile sensors (DigiPileTM), now both available in SMD, in addition to TO-housings. Excelitas’ SMD Infrared detectors are designed to enable automated production for high-volume applications including motion and presence detection for consumer electronics applications like display control and smart lighting.
- “Smart” DigiPyro® models for motion and presence detection, featuring “All-in-One” Electronics, allowing set points for ambient light-level, time on/off limits, and sensitivity adjustments
- Our newest Low Light Level Detection Module, the LynXTM Silicon Photomultiplier (SiPM) Module for Analytical Instrumentation
- Industry-leading Single Photon Counting Modules (SPCMs) and Low Light Level Analogue APD Modules
- APDs in an SMD form-factor for a variety of consumer and industrial applications
- Novel SMD OpticBlockTM Module for Smoke Detector subsystems
Excelitas Technologies will exhibit at electronica 2012 in Hall A2, Booth #107 at the Messe München.
About Excelitas Technologies
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, customized solutions to meet the lighting, detection and other high-performance technology needs of OEM customers. From medical lighting to analytical instrumentation, clinical diagnostics, industrial, safety and security, and aerospace and defense applications, Excelitas Technologies is committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Excelitas Technologies has approximately 3,000 employees in North America, Europe and Asia, serving customers across the world.
Fleishman Hillard, on behalf of Excelitas Technologies